ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR: 10/9/17
· Today is an A day for the middle school
· Congratulations to the Varsity Volleyball for placing fifth at the Trailways Conference Meet on Saturday.
· Good luck to the Boys Junior Varsity/Varsity Soccer – Rock Valley Conference Match at Williams Bay at 4:45/6:45 pm.
· If you are interested in being on high school student council, please pick up a form from Mrs. Snyder. Forms are due on Wednesday to Mrs. Snyder.
· All PSAT fees are due to Guidance by the end of TODAY! Don’t forget to bring a number #2 pencil and a calculator with you on Wednesday. The test will begin at 7:30AM on Wednesday in the Lecture Center!
· Operation Click is an organization that promotes safe teen driving in order to reduce teen fatalities and injuries from motor vehicle crashes by developing safe driving habits. Students who will have their driver's license by April 1, 2018 can be part of this organization by signing a "Student Safe Driving Contract." By signing this contract, you may be eligible to win a car in the spring!
Mrs. Rowland will have contracts for you to sign during High School lunch today.
· There will be a mandatory meeting for high school students interested in basketball cheer today at 4:00 pm in the commons!
· Practices for middle school girls basketball starts today, Monday, October 9th. Practices will be daily from 3:45 until 5:00 pm in the elementary school gym. If you have questions, please see Coach Thomas.
· There will be a Science Club meeting in Mr. Cullian's room after school Wednesday, October 11th. We will be deciding which activities, projects, and fundraisers we would like to do this year, then we will form committees and determine club leadership roles. If you missed the first meeting, this is the one to attend! If you are unable to attend, let either Mrs. Rowbotham or Mr. Cullian know.
· Boys Basketball open gym, will be Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in the elementary gym starting today.
· ATTENTION SPANISH CLUB MEMBERS: T-SHIRT ORDER FORMS ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED. FORMS AND MONEY WILL BE DUE TO MRS. KAVANAGH BY OCTOBER 13TH. THE CLUB IS OFFERING SHORT AND LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS AT A THREE DOLLAR DISCOUNT. ON THE ORDER FORM, THERE IS A PLACE FOR AN OPTIONAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE RED CROSS. ANY DONATIONS WILL BE TOTALED AND SENT TO THE ORGANIZATION FOR DISASTER RELIEF.
· Middle school cross country kids need to turn their uniforms in to Ms. Tetzke by the end of the week.
· The office of Educational Outreach at Yerkes is extending an invitation to local high school and junior high students to participate in White Cane Day from 12:00- 1:30 on Monday, October 16th. A light lunch and snacks will be provided. They are in need of approximately 20 student volunteers. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the observatory.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about Yerkes Observatory and their involvement in programming to make astronomy more accessible to students who are blind or visually impaired. More information about White Cane Day can be obtained at https://nfb.org/white-cane-safety-day